Saturday, July 16, 2011

Part 4: Mazatlan, Mexico

Because of the cancellation of the contest in Chile, Leandro and I decided to head up for the 4 star in Mazatlan.  To make a long story short, a 35 hour journey from Buenos Aires to Mazatlan was no fun. Being greeted by a terrible mushy left point was even worse. By far the worst surf trip of my life as far as waves went but it was still good to see friends and definitely enjoyed the music festival that was part of the event! The contest didn't go so well... I won my first heat but got knocked out in the second round. Oh well, on to the next contest! Here are a couple of pictures from Mazatlan...


                                                       The view from our hotel room.

Good friend and next door neighbor in our hotel Caue Wood!


Terrible waves in Mazatlan...

But beautiful scenery to say the least...



The crappy contest site.


I LOVE AL PASTOR!


Lele showing us how its done...

The journey was over like it had never even happened, and I was on my way home!

I'll post up again soon,

-Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment