Sunday, May 8, 2011

Brasil: Part 1

     The days are already beginning to blend together. Talks of going to Brasil and meeting up with friends have become a reality. Its all coming at me so fast and I know that even though I've only been here for a week and a half the whole trip is going to go by like the blink of an eye. I started out my journey in Rio De Janeiro where I met up with my friend Bruno Dana. Bruno lives in Ipanema and treated me like a king! We ate fresh acai, surfed some of the fine beach breaks and wedges of Rio and had a great time, even though it was short lived. After only a day and a half, I flew into Florianopolis, not knowing if anyone was going to pick me up from the airport or what my plan exactly was. I was greeted at the entrance of the airport by Caue Wood and Pedro Husadel...Thank God! The next couple of days we surfed some insane waves at  breaks called Matadeiro and Lagoinha, both wedgy a-framing beach breaks. The 5 star WQS contest at Atlantida Beach in Xangri-la was the next day so we headed down to be greeted with shitty weather and even worse waves. About this time is when Lele Usua popped his head inside our hotel room! The Grinch! Caue and I lost first heat so we took off back up to Florianopolis after a couple days of hanging out. Lele continued making heats so he stayed. Back in Florianopolis, we scored some insane waves at a place called Campeche. Triple barrels were going down and we truly had some insane sessions! The wind switched, the swell died and the surfing stopped as of this afternoon. Lele ended up making finals and getting 3rd overall, so now it's time to party! 

All the pictures below are from Rio. I'll post up some more from Florianopolis soon.

Everywhere that you look in Brasil seems to be beautiful. The mountains rise straight up from the beaches and are the greenest green you've ever seen.





Islands, white sand beaches, and fun waves.



When it's a nice day out, you can expect all of the Brasileiros to come out and enjoy the beaches.








Prainha.










 My good Friend Bruno Dana on the right and new friends Isabelle  and Norma!


I'll post up again in a week. Maybe two weeks. Who knows.

-Johnny



No comments:

Post a Comment