Wednesday, April 6, 2011

France: Part 2

     France: Part 2
     Martin Rousseau had to go back up north for school and Marty Dupont had to go away for work so off we went to the wonderful city of Bordeaux. Yes, its one of the wine capitals of the world, so it was only natural to include at least a bottle of wine of Bordeaux's delicious red wine a day. We were lucky to have a local, Manon Bernard to show us around and introduce her to her best friends Marie, Morgane and Charlotte. We went wine tasting in Saint Emilion, spent St. Patty's day drinking way too much at a couple of Irish Pubs, scavenged the streets looking for the worlds best kebab, explored Dune du Pilat and had the times of our lives. That about sums it up. One of the coolest cities that I've ever been to and will without a doubt go back in the future. 
     Out of energy, we left Bordeaux to spend the last couple of days in Paris where our flight was arranged to head back home. Me met up with Martin's brother and sister, Quentin and Maud. Once again, we were hosted like kings and were shown around Paris in style. Our trip was over without getting to see even close to enough of this beautiful city but it's o.k.- we'll be back. 

The Man, the myth, the legend, and the Photographer behind all of these images. Michael Barrus.


 Mine and Marty's "Smoking Face". Call it what you please, I'll stick to calling it beautiful.


 It's true, you fall in love about every 5 minutes in France... Here's both me and Marty, falling in love with yet another beautiful French woman.


Whiskey anyone?



Girls. Get. Down. In. France.


Standard to the native people, yet such crazy architecture to the foreign eye.


Schlag Beer!


More Schlag Beer!


 I swear I'm not an alcoholic. I was just in France. It would have been wrong for me to not be drinking wine alongside the river with my boy Remy.


Remy-Beer-Marty-Wine-Me-Beer-Girl coming out of bushes. Only in France!


 This guy has been way more places than both you and I.



Saint Emilion.



Resevoir tip!




Wine tasting Bordeaux style.



If you didnt already know, Europeans know how to party. St. Patty's day was no exception for them. Celebrating in style in Bordeaux!

(Told you girls get down here.)



My first impression of Jeremy Rouchon. I knew I was going to like this guy from the start!



It's three in the morning... sure, why not jump in the 1000 year old fountain?


 Falling in love, again.


 I was confused...



 Nuff said!


This guy liked my tits...


 Marty and I jumping off the edge of the earth. Dune du Pilat.

It's France. Nude beaches are legal. Sorry?
  


Guiness mustache.


Walking on water in Bordeaux.


Reflecting on our trip.


Last stop, the Eiffel Tower. 
Quentin, Marty and me.

Au Revoir, France! Until next time!


- Once again, all photos by Michael Barrus



No comments:

Post a Comment